According to a study done by the American Chiropractic Association, over 31 million Americans suffer from poor posture at any one time. Bad posture may culminate into various health complications, including respiratory problems, back pains, high blood pressure, spinal dysfunction, and joint degeneration.
Patients seeking services from our chiropractor at Hull Chiropractic in Indianapolis, IN, are usually concerned about their posture. Patients are often aware that they possess a postural problem but are unsure how to reverse its effects. Our patients can improve their posture and spinal health by incorporating chiropractic care and lifestyle adjustments into their daily life. That’s why it’s essential for you to schedule an appointment with us today, so our chiropractor can put you on a path to better posture and wellness.
Five Common Causes of Poor Posture
- Occupation: Modern technology has tremendously transformed how Americans are living. Regrettably, some of these changes, like the overuse of mobile phones, televisions, computers, and tablets brought about by technology, have brought tremendous impacts on our health. Bending in awkward positions while using these devices causes discomfort around the neck, back, and shoulders.
- Muscle tension or muscle weakness: If you have certain stronger or weaker muscles than others, it may enhance poor posture. If your abdominal muscles are weak from an inadequate amount of exercise, you may be opted to rely on back muscles for stability culminating in back pain.
- Injury: If you have ever suffered from an injury, this propagates some muscles around the injury site to spasm in order to protect the injured body part. Unfortunately, the frequently spasming muscles can eventually weaken, resulting in a muscular imbalance that may affect your posture.
- Poor footwear: If you wear poorly fitted shoes or high-heeled shoes, your strides get adversely affected. It may force you to walk in an unusual way putting undue strain on your hips, ankles, or knees, causing pain.
- Weight: Additional weight around the midsection can pull the pelvis forward, taking the spine out of alignment and exerting pressure on the lower back culminating in poor posture.
Contact Us for Chiropractic Care in Indianapolis, IN
Are you suffering from poor posture that is bothersome or noticeably problematic in the Indianapolis area? Book an appointment with our chiropractor at Hull Chiropractic. We offer natural remedies that treat health complications from poor posture. If you are looking for a ‘chiropractor near me,’ contact our team today to find out how we can help you live pain-free.