Neuropathy, a general term for nerve damage, affects at least 20 million people in the United States. While the symptoms can vary depending on the type and severity of the damage, individuals often experience pain, tingling, and numbness. If you're experiencing these symptoms, particularly in your hands or feet, seeking professional evaluation is crucial. At Hull Chiropractic in Indianapolis, IN, we provide various treatments to help you manage your pain and improve your quality of life.
Causes of Neuropathy
Several factors can contribute to the development of neuropathy. Some of these factors include the following:
- Underlying medical conditions: Diabetes, autoimmune diseases, and vitamin deficiencies are common causes of neuropathy.
- Chronic infections: Shingles, Lyme disease, and HIV can cause damage to the nerves.
- Toxins and medications: Exposure to certain chemicals or excessive use of certain medications can lead to the condition.
- Physical trauma: Injuries or repetitive stress can compress or and significantly affect your nerves.
- Aging: While not a direct cause, nerve damage becomes more common with age.
Recognizing the Symptoms
If you have neuropathy, you may experience a variety of symptoms. Some common symptoms include:
- Tingling or prickling sensations: Often described as pins and needles, these sensations can range from mild to severe.
- Numbness: Loss of sensation can affect your hands, feet, or other areas, depending on the affected nerves.
- Pain: Burning pain, sharp pains, or aching are all possible indications of nerve damage.
- Weakness: Muscle weakness can develop in the areas with affected nerves, which can impact mobility and coordination.
Treatment for Neuropathy
When you visit us, we will speak with you about your symptoms and may also perform a physical examination. Once we determine the root cause of your neuropathy, we can create a personalized treatment plan to help you manage the condition and prevent further complications. Your care plan may include chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy, lifestyle modifications, and nutritional counseling. Our goal is to provide you with pain relief and help improve your overall health.
Contact us for an Appointment Today!
If you are experiencing any symptoms of neuropathy, let our team at Hull Chiropractic in Indianapolis, IN, help. To schedule your first appointment, contact our office at (317) 243-2392 today. When you need a chiropractor near me, we are happy to assist you!